|Sentence||Time it takes to become spent (17 or under at time of conviction)||Time it takes to become spent (18 or over at time of conviction)|
|Prison  term of over four years||Never||Never|
|Prison  term of more than 30 months and less than, or equal to 4 years ||Sentence + 3.5 years||Sentence + 7 years|
|Prison  term of more than 6 months and less than or equal to 30 months ||Sentence + 2 years||Sentence + 4 years|
|Prison  term of 6 months or less ||Sentence + 18 months||Sentence + 2 years|
|Detention and Training Order (over 6 months)||As prison sentences|
|Detention and Training Order (6 months or less)||As prison sentences|
|Sentence of Detention (over 6 months but not exceeding 30 months) ||As prison sentences||As prison sentences|
|Sentence of Detention (6 months or under)||As prison sentences||As prison sentences|
|Removal from Her Majesty's Service ||6 months||1 year|
|Service detention ||6 months||1 year|
|Community Order ||6 months||1 year|
|Youth Rehabilitation Order ||6 months|
|Fine ||6 months||1 year|
|Compensation Order ||Once paid in full||Once paid in full|
|Hospital Order ||End of the order||End of the order|
|Conditional discharge, binding over, Care Order, Supervision Order, Reception Order||End of the order||End of the order|
|Absolute discharge||Spent immediately||Spent immediately|
|Disqualification||End of disqualification||End of disqualification|
|Relevant Order||End of the order||End of the order|
|Conditional cautions||Once conditions end||Once conditions end|
|Caution, warning, reprimand ||None||None|
If a sentence/disposal is not is covered in the table above, under the changes it has no rehabilitation period and becomes spent immediately (unless it is attached to another sentence/disposal which does have a rehabilitation period).
01. The term ‘prison’ includes suspended prison sentences, youth custody, detention in a young offender institution or corrective training.
02. From the day on which the sentence (including any licence period) is completed.
03. From the day on which the sentence (including any licence period) is completed.
04. From the day on which the sentence (including any licence period) is completed.
05. Passed under section 91 of the Powers of Criminal Courts (Sentencing) Act 2000 or under section 206 of the Criminal Procedure (Scotland) Act 1975
06. Starting from the date of conviction relating to the sentence.
07. Starting from the day on which the sentence is completed.
08. From the end of the order. This period starts from the last day of when the order given by the court has effect. Where no such date is provided, the rehabilitation period for the order is 2 years, starting from the date of conviction.
09. From the last day on which the order is to have effect.
10. From the date of conviction.
11. The date on which the payment is made in full.
12. Under the Mental Health Act 1983.
13. The day provided for by or under the order as the last day on which the order has effect.
14. Spent as soon as issued.